Tour Code: Day Trip to Crater Lake of Wenchi
Attractions: History, Religion, & Scenery
Duration: Less than 12 hours
Transportation: Surface drive, & boat
Day Trip to Crater Lake of Wenchi via Ambo
An early morning drive will take you to Wenchi via Amob (150kms west of Addis Ababa) to visit the village of Wenchi. At the top of the mountain you will visit Wenchi eco-tourism Association office where you will finish entrance & take a horse to ride down to the Lake (5 Km from the office).
Upon arrival at the lake take a boat ride & visit the medieval period island monastery of Cherkos church. Later ride back to the office, where the car waits.
Drive to Addis Ababa via Woliso (140 Km from Wonchi). You will have a lunch in Negash Lodge, Woliso. You will arrive in Addis Ababa, late in the afternoon. In the evening you will get back to the hotel, rest, have dinner and relax.
Starting from: $ 115 USD per persons
- Well-maintained & insured Vehicle for the whole tour with driver & driver’s allowance
- All entrance fees to village, local guide & boat fee, and scout
- Bottled natural water every day,
- Service tax.
Price DOES NOT include:
- Photographing fees,
- Meals (Lunch & Dinner)
- Personal expenses (tips, phone calls, table drinks, laundry, etc.),
- International flights, and
- Any other services/expenses not mentioned above.