Right after breakfast, an early morning drive will take you to Melka-Kunture (50 Km from Addis Ababa) Prehistoric Site lies near the Awash River Gorge is one of the most important archeological sites in Ethiopia, where hand axes and various other implements have been found.
After Melka Kunture you will drive to the main road around 5 Km then you will turn to the right to Adadi Marim Rock church (13 Km gravel road from the junctions). Adadi Mariam, a 13th century rock-hewn church that is Ethiopia’s southernmost church of its type. The rock hewn church of Adadi Mariam, is much like the Lalibela churches and the locals believe it to have been built on King lalibela orders on his visit to Mount Zuqwala in 1106.
You will drive back to the main road and drive 30 Km to the south again to Tiya. Tiya is a UNESCO heritage, where of a peculiar type of engraved, grave marking standing stelae, believed to have been erected between the 12th and 14th centuries stand.
Starting from: $ 99 USD per persons
- Well-maintained and insured vehicle with English speaking driver
- All entrance fees, and local guide fee
- Bottled natural water every day
- Service tax
Price DOES NOT include:
- Photographing fees,
- Meals (Lunch and dinner)
- Personal expenses (tips, phone calls, table drinks, laundry, etc.),
- International flights, and
- Any other services/expenses not mentioned above