Day 1: Drive to Jimma (335 kms asphalt road app 7hrs)
Early in the morning after having breakfast you will be driving to Jimma. En route visit the Gurage and Oromo people and their beautiful villages. You will have lunch at Welkite (200 Km from Addis).
Then continue your drive across the magnificent and picturesque Gibe gorge and the Gibe River. After driving through coffee and Chat plantation, you will arrive in Jimma (was the capital of the former Keffa province and earlier of the kingdom of Jimma) for an over night stay. Over night Honey land hotel or similary accmmodation in Jimma.
Day 2: Full-day exploring Jimma
After having a breakfast you will visit the Jimma Culural Museum (displays most of historic materials of king Abba Jifar, his kingdom and cultural objects of local Oromo people and other ethnic groups around Kafa) and King Abba Jiffar palace (an elegant and big palace) After lunch in the afternoon visit the daily market, walk around the old part of the town. Over night Honey land hotel or similary accmmodation in Jimma.
Day 3: Drive back to Addis Ababa
Having a breakfast in the morning you will drive back to Addis Ababa.
Day 4: Drive to Bonga (120Km from Jimma) and afternoon explore, walk/trek on Kaffa Bioshpere
Day 5: Back to Addis Ababa
- Even you can take a flight to Jimma & vice versa Day 1 & 3, where we will arrange car rent from Jimma for the excursion.
Starting from: $ 365 USD per persons
Single Supplement: $ 55
Domestic flights depend on your international flights
Addis Ababa – Jimma – Addis Ababa
- If you fly your international flight with Ethiopian Airlines = 135 USD
- If not (with other airline) = 325 USD
Flight cost subject to change.
- Well-maintained and insured 4WD vehicles Model 2013-2015
- All transfers in & out
- Hotel Room on Double Occupancy basis including Breakfast (B&B)
- All entrance fees, local guide fee, scout, and boat fees
- Bottled natural water every day,
- Service tax
Price DOES NOT include:
- Entry visa
- International flights
- Domestic flight (Addis Ababa – Jimma – Addis Ababa)
- Meals (Lunch & Dinner)
- Photography & Video fees,
- Personal expenses (tips, phone calls, table drinks, laundry, etc.)